From the earliest days of the province the Sisters were always atuned to the signs of the times and new calls of the Spirit. They were never so rooted in any one place that they could not move on when called. In 1994 circumstances necessitated the sale of the Eastern Province motherhouse at Mount Saint Mary. Several years later, the province found its new focal point at St. Mary Center. The Sisters made a choice to commit themselves to the city of Buffalo, particularly the Westside where they built this new "downsized" building adjacent to Marycrest residence and Annunciation Convent (Our first convent in Buffalo founded in 1887). Now it has become a center of life for the province, a welcoming place, a place of meeting, a place for spiritual enrichment and prayer together.
Front of St. Mary Center with 150th Anniversary banners
Sisters of St. Mary of Namur . 241 Lafayette Avenue . Buffalo, New York 14213 . (716) 884-8221